Sycamore firefighters work to extinguish a fire late Friday morning that started in the wall cavity and roof line of a home in the 400 block of Stark Avenue in Sycamore. Sycamore Fire Chief Mark Kessler said the homeowner inadvertently shorted an electrical wire, causing the small fire. Homeowners Alex and Leticia Nunez said they smelled smoke and saw sparks while working on the roof. Firefighters worked to strip away siding and cut holes in the roof to ensure the fire hadn't spread elsewhere.
Caitlin Mullen - firstname.lastname@example.org